And it's Day 2 of our busier days, it was super tiring. We started in Palmyra, New York starting with the Hill Cumorah. It was on top of a steep hill, so mom suggested to some to cut through the grass straight to the top. Me, Brayden, Mason and Landon took to the hill (I had a running start [it did not last]) and the ones who went on the grass wished they went on the trail and the ones who took the trail wished they went on the grass. No matter what it was still steep. We next visited the Smith's farm and the Sacred Grove, the Grove had more paths than I remember (yes I went there before, we were living in Michigan then so it was pretty much a hop skip and a jump through Canada, besides I was 7 or 8, I barely remembered it) but it was filled with the spirit. It was kinda helpful to have hymns playing in your head. Ok, I have to tell you about this game we learned from the sister missionaries (not the ones from yesterday), it suppose to show you where you are going on your mission. You walk around a table full of Book of Mormons in different languages (they have one at every Temple Visitor Center) with your eyes closed and your hand waving back and forth until someone says stop. You then put your hand down on top of a Book of Mormon and that's where you are going (hopefully). When I did it I landed on one of the five Mayan languages they have there, I'm going to South America. Now after all that, we went to where the first copies of the Book of Mormon was printed. We had to cut the tour short because Landon was going wild. We sent some of the family to this pizza place to order lunch while me, mom and Aurora went into this one store that is very similar to Deseret Book. Why? Because mom is now doing themes for our birthday presents and this years is all from Deseret Book (or places like them) so we were finally getting me presents. I got the Tennis Shoes Series Book 7, the first book of Five Kingdoms, and an awesome looking CTR ring. After lunch we drove to the Whittier Farm and did the tour. Then we hurried to the Priesthood Restoration Site where we made it about fifteen minutes before they closed and took the tour. We didn't go to the Sugar Bush where they received the Priesthood because of how dark it got and there were bears in the woods, though we didn't get to see one. I better get to bed, we've got a busy day tomorrow.
See ya tomorrow,
Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment